Different forms of food poisoning , like diarrhea, gastroenteritis,dysentery,Salmonella,E. coli ,are spread by cockroaches. These disease-causing organisms are carried on the legs and bodies of cockroaches, and are deposited on food and utensils as cockroaches forage.
Cockroaches do not sting, but they can bite but it is not a common thing.Cockroaches will anything so they don’t have to rely on a living human.
Do cockroaches bite ? There are about 3500 species of cockroaches . the German cockroach is the cockroach of concern. Cockroaches has been known to bite humans ,although rare and not serious. In heavily infested places cockroaches have been known to chew on on the fingernails or eyelashes and toenails of people that are sleeping.
Cockroaches are the most common household pest , especially in apartments. Your apartment could be as clean as a whistle and you could still have German Cockroaches. The reason that you could still have cockroaches is because the people in the unit on the side,or below, or above you is a pig. So in that case there problems become your problems. There are many ways to treat for cockroaches, you can use a spray, something like raid, or you could use a bug bomb, or you could try home remedies. But the best way to treat for cockroaches is to use a bait where they would eat the bait and take it back and share with the other cockroaches.
Cockroaches are one of the most dreaded household pest. They have been around thousands of years. There are many species of Cockroaches. The one that causes the most problems is the German cockroach. They are the ones that you find inside your house on counter tops ,and in kitchen cabinets. To get rid of the German cockroach can be difficult . If the problem is not addressed they will quickly multiply. Here are a few home remedies to get rid of roaches.
- First and foremost keep the place clean,do not leave any dirty dishes out overnight.
- Do not leave crumbs on the kitchen floor or counter tops.
- Spread a light film of boric acid under the stove,refrigerator ,and under cabinet voids.
- Wash all dirty dishes, never leave dirty dishes overnight.
- Mop and sweep kitchen floor.
- keep counter tops clean from food, and crumbs.
- Use cockroach Gel bait in cracks and crevice of cabinets.
- German Cockroaches rarely bite humans
- German Cockroaches prefer to live where there is food,warmth and ,water.
- Cockroaches are scavengers and don’t feed on living animal mater.
- Fossil evidence indicates cockroaches have been on earth for 300 million years.
- About 3500 species of cockroaches exists in the world
- About 55 species of cockroaches are found in the united states
- German cockroaches have fully developed wings but they cannot fly.
- Cockroaches are active at night, so if you them in the day time that is a sign of heavy infestation .
- German cockroaches can develop into a large population and live throughout the house especially in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Most species have little do with there young once they hatch from the ootheca.